Glaucoma is often known as thief of vision as patient may lose vision gradually even without having a single symptom. Vision lost due to glaucoma is permanent and cannot be regained. Early diagnosis and follow ups at regular interval are the only way to preserve the vision and avoid further vision loss.
At Dr.Bapaye Hospital we offer state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic facilities for glaucoma patients
- Applnation tonometer: Gold standard for measurement of intraocular pressure (IOP)
- Tonopen: A handy device for IOP measurement in special group of patients like children and physically invalid.
- Keeler Non contact tonometer: An accurate method to measure IOP in busy out patient department to screen each and every patient for glaucoma.
- Gonioscopy: For accurate assessment of anterior chamber angles.
- Humphrey Field Analyzer (Zeiss): automated perimeter for assessment of visual fields.
- Cirrus- HD OCT (Zeiss): the latest software capable of anterior and posterior segment assessment. Anterior segment features include pachymetry and outflow angles measurement while the posterior segment features do assessment of optic nerve and RNFL assessment.
- Forum workstation: for comprehensive glaucoma analysis by using HFA and OCT data. Immensely useful for serial assessment and prediction of glaucoma progression.
- Zeiss FF 450 IR fundus camera: for photography of optic nerve head and retinal nerve fiber layer
- YAG laser: to perform peripheral iridotomy in narrow angle glaucoma
- Trabaculectomy and Glaucoma implant surgery: For advanced glaucomatous eye disease.
- Iridex Red diode laser (GLX 810) with G-probes: for cyclophotocoagulation in advanced glaucoma. This procedure is required for symptomatic relief in painful blind eyes.